Saturday, April 23, 2011

I tried my hand at watercolor again... and I am in love.


I have a tendency to torture my artwork, but something about working in this medium curbs it. I don't focus on details or particulars... just simple colors and shapes. And yes, it may look like a little kid's work but that it just because I saw the world again the way a child does -- untainted or muddied up by stress or trauma.


I was reminded that the world isn't always cruel... it is actually beautiful... exquisite. It was just another treasured moment at the surface. Today -- I lived. Yesterday too, for that matter.

4 comments:

  1. The are beautiful Amy! Nothing childish about it - I teach art to kids so I would know! I especially like how you showed reflections in the water of the top one, it helps to give a dreamy quality. Totally love it! ~Nanci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! You have a beautiful gift Amy. Both are so peaceful and pleasing. If you ever sell your art let me know because I can just see that in my home. LOVE YA and thank you for sharing with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow amy! That is exquisite! Happy Easter Sis!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a gift. absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete