Thursday, March 31, 2011


I can't tell you how many dozens of paintings I have just given away and for the most part haven't experienced any remorse for doing so. There have only been two paintings that I have carelessly gifted... ones that even after years, I have regretted letting go of. One, I have already resigned to never see again and have come to terms with it. The other thankfully I have been able to retrieve back to my possession...

There comes a point in every follower of Christ when they have to decide whether or not they believe in His reality. That point came for me when I was working on this painting.... and in those moments He was real. Palpable. I knew he was standing in that room with me... And He came to me with a message of, "Peace--be still."
It came at a time when I needed to hear that message the most. In fact, He always comes at the times when I need it the most... and it has instilled great confidence and trust to believe that what He promises, can and will be delivered.

I still am struggling with my status-quo. Not always (and I have been finding any excuse to enjoy the moment) but I still experience flashes of severe anxiety and moments when I truly come to realize not only how much my life has changed but how much of it is lost to memories... some of which I long for. I find myself putting undue stock in the past.

I guess it is a common condition in life.  Certainly when navigating through a big transition.

But somehow worrying about the future doesn't seem to be an issue for me. Somehow, through the Savior's message of, "Fear not..." I have been developing a faith in and hope for a great tomorrow. And having this painting is a big reminder for me in times of trouble to "...be still"... And when I feel lost, displaced, or feel like I just don't belong anywhere, I can remember that I am His. I belong to His fold. I am one of His great creations-- beautiful and wonderful-- great is my worth to Him and I will not be forgotten.

"Consider the lilies of the field--how they grow, how they grow.
Consider the birds of the sky--how they fly, how they fly.

He clothes the lilies of the field. He feeds the birds in the sky
and He will feed those who trust Him and Guide them with His eye.

Consider the sheep of his fold--how they follow where he leads.
Though the path may wind across the mountains, He knows the meadows where they feed.

He clothes the lilies of the field. He feeds the birds in the sky
and He will feed those who trust Him and Guide them with His eye.

Consider the sweet tender children who must suffer on this earth.
The pains of all of them he carried from the day of his birth.

He clothes the lilies of the field. He feeds the lambs of his fold
and He will heal those who trust Him and make their hearts as gold."

2 comments:

  1. AMy! Amazed! You have so much talent and ability...I had no idea you could paint like this! beautiful....if your paintbrush feels the need to create something for my home I would love it! You paint with words much the way you do on that canvas...always beautiful and uplifting!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. here is to a more golden heart each day.

    I love you.

    Thanks for sharing the painting, it is even more amazing than I remember!

    ReplyDelete