Saturday, May 28, 2011

5:37 a.m.
Deer Creek, Provo Canyon
View of the snow capped Mt. Timpanogous


Breathtaking.

Somehow through a series of events, I ended up watching the sunrise here this morning... well sort of watched the sunrise... it was a mostly cloudy event. And it made me think of something.

"Sometimes the sun rises on a morning that is cloudy or foggy. Because of the overcast conditions, perceiving the light is more difficult, and identifying the precise moment that the sun rises over the horizon is not possible. But on such a morning we have sufficient light to recognize a new day and conduct our affairs." -Elder David A. Bednar, The Spirit of Revelation

4 comments:

  1. That is amazingly beautiful. I bet it was freezing cold---lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every day is a sunny day as long as you can rise above the clouds.
    -Ben Leavitt

    ReplyDelete
  3. guess the early bird got the worm on that day--BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I confess, early morning is my favorite time of day, with all the hope and freshness of a new day before you. I love light in every form, too.

    ReplyDelete