Saturday, September 24, 2011

I was unfortunate enough to be a victim of the following awkward conversation...

Tonight after the broadcast of Women's Conference, a lady from my sister's ward asked if I was married or single. A question to which I replied, "single".

She then proceeded to tell me about a lady in their ward who was 40, single, and recently engaged. When this woman announced her engagement in Relief Society, they cheered and rooted her on as if she just scored the winning touchdown at a football game. I wasn't sure where she was going with her touching little hallmark-movie-plot story until she closed it out with this 'inspirational' remark, "So, don't worry sweetheart and don't give up."

Seriously? I am only 25.

On another note, can I say that I have a crush on President Uchdorf? Yep, I do and I totally just said that. Is it because of his thick molasses German accent? Possibly. Is it the thick salt and pepper mane? Possibly. Is it because he was once a fighter pilot? Definitely. Is it because he obviously is in touch with what women want and need to hear? Absolutely.

But I think nothing is as attractive as a solid god-fearing righteous dude. Jus sayin.

3 comments:

  1. I'll get out my cheerleading outfit whenever its necessary, but until then let's adore Uchdorf. I share the exact same feelings minus the fighter pilot. Seeing as how in a year Fernando will have to leave to do his "fighter" thing doesn't make him any more fabulous. Thanks for the giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i only wish i got here soon enough to enjoy what I heard was C&C with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, it is as entertaining with the second hearing, but this time, I could actually laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete