Thursday, January 6, 2011

Just broke off the rear-view mirror.

Today is a perfect day to bury any axes and take this moment to move forward in an objective and dignified manner. There was crap and there were roses- and that is that. Water under the bridge as some would call it. There are no further grievances to be had because it's over... the relationship has run its course- may it rest in peace.

I am relieved to know that ultimately this experience didn't taint me or alter me in a negative way... I won't be joining the bitter divorcees club. I am so grateful that I can say, despite this 'process' I am still the same girl ... just with some added faith, strength, tenacity, empathy and don't forget some added life perspective.

Learned quite a bit from this 'mistake'... so here's to being amicable and moving on. Even have tossed out that "tangible memory" stuff (and no, I didn't go with a ceremonial burning... too much effort. Just settled on a good ole game of paper toss)

And some amazing guy out there just got sooo lucky that I am now single-status :)

3 comments:

  1. Soooo good to hear. Much love for a bright future!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I only move through life's challenges with such grace and perspective.

    xoxo!!!

    PS--best wishes in the final days of preparation before your big event

    ReplyDelete
  3. one more thing, I am glad to hear that the title was only figurative :0)

    ReplyDelete