Tuesday, December 21, 2010

What are you supposed to do with tangible memories?

The ones from a life that you hoped for but never realized and the mounds of evidence that there was once promise to something that is now over- love notes, cards, the ticket stub from that one thing you went to years ago, those giant wedding portraits ... among other things.

I have always been partial to ceremonial burning. There is something so liberating and artistically romantic about torching the past and starting fresh. hmmmmmm... I think I am going to need a big drum and some kerosene.

Matches anyone?

For now I will just sit here eating my strawberry ice cream and marinate in my tears.

And one more thing: moving is stressful. The End.

5 comments:

  1. I just caught up on the last couple posts. Slacking on my self nominated role in the girl named famous fan club! As a lump sum comment - Amy, I love reading every word you write. You're authentic and facing life head on while acknowledging your inability to do it alone. Writing, leaning on family and friends, and most importantly relying on Christ's healing power sets you apart from so many who go through trials. Soon this valley will be replaced with a new peak! HUGS!

    Oh and I say burn away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interestingly enough, in nature, after a fire, new plants are able to grow, which were stifled from growing in the pre-fire environment. New growth and new life comes and is alive and beautiful. I'm with Kristin, burn away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you really just torch all that stuff? Nice! I am glad you get to enjoy some good Utah snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are much braver than I. I just stuck mine in a box, I am not really sure where they are but they do still exist in my house and it has been 18 years & many moves since it ended. Nanci

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may also want to change your thoughts. Maybe this instead?

    Moving is stressful; the beginning...

    ReplyDelete