Monday, December 27, 2010

First day at a singles ward: I think I would have rather re-lived the first day of middle school.

Singles wards: Mortifying. Intimidating. Lacking comfort zone.

Maybe I am not the only one that feels awkward or out of place there... not belonging.

Goal: Find those people who may be feeling this same way. Be that person who noticed that empty seat next to them or notice those people who walk in looking for the empty set next to you.... and by 'you' I mean me. Notice if they did something different to the hair or remember something about them- take interest in their life.

Maybe having this goal will make my transition to a singles ward a little less daunting.

Other thoughts on attending the singles ward yesterday: it's a good thing I went with my cousin- made it easier. Felt the spirit and the love of God stronger then I have felt it in a couple weeks and so needed it. In Relief Society I thought about a girl a knew from the Ypsi ward in Michigan and decided that I wanted to connect with her over lunch and low and behold after church she was standing right in front of me... it was so good to see her again and at a moment when I think I needed it the most

...so I guess maybe it wasn't so bad at all. Just the beginning of another new experience to add to the life of Amy :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment